My girls

Last year I found a wonderful country singer and then in the fall I found a wonderful pop singer. Her name is Sydni and you would never, ever guess that she was 13 years old when she sang these songs for me. Obviously she has a bright future and I find myself writing with her voice in my head.

Here are three of her songs that I have so far. I am finishing a fourth one tomorrow, and can't wait to hear her on it too.

Don't Miss Out

Feel This Way

Not This Time Again

When I was a cabaret singer in Chicago, I sang with a cool, elegant singer/actress named McKinley Carter who has a golden voice and a wicked sense of humor. When we needed songs for our group the Blondes, McKinley always liked the "swanky" ones; sophisticated, in control, silky songs you could curl up in. Sydni's songs are like that - I'm leaning into the swank factor for her. The Stevie Wonder groove, the ukelele love song, even the middle-of-the-night heartbreak song - when Syd sings them she takes you to another place. Syd song #4, Valentine, will have even more of that mink coat and diamonds thing, I think.

I love writing for these wonderful singers. They're so young, and so talented. They have no idea that I am as excited to hear them in my songs as they are to sing them. I always hope that they will decide to perform the songs, and I can have more collaboration with them, but that's up to them.

I have a new country pop song that I can't wait to record with Emily, and next week I get to work with Isabelle, who is 11 years old. I ended up writing a song for her, and I think she's going to kill it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh!